Looking for study groups/partner for CCIE - SEC

Unanswered Question
Feb 25th, 2007

Hi i am based in Bangalore ; iam looking for CCIE sec study group.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
trevora Mon, 02/26/2007 - 10:25

Well I'm just starting with my CCIE Sec. I don't live anywhere near to you but perhaps it might work.

Cheers

Trevor

nibose Tue, 02/27/2007 - 21:27

Hi,

I'm also preparing for the CCIE Security lab, maybe we could join hands..

regards,

Nitin.

nibose Tue, 02/27/2007 - 22:04

Hi,

I'm also preparing for the CCIE Security lab, maybe we could join hands..

regards,

Nitin.

sebastan_bach Thu, 03/01/2007 - 10:51

hi i am from bombay and even i am preparing for ccie sec. we can join hands too and share a ot of study material .

regards

sebastan

sebastan_bach Thu, 03/01/2007 - 21:32

hi trevora where have u booked ur bootcamp. i mean where are u doing ur bootcamp from.

regards

sebastan

sebastan_bach Fri, 03/02/2007 - 05:13

hi naveen i would recomend internetworkexpert anyday their labs are very realistic as compared to ipexpert workbook.

by the way which workbook are u preparing from and where are u planning ur bootcamp.

u from bombay or bangalore.

see ya write back soon.

regards

sebastan

naveenccie Fri, 03/02/2007 - 19:50

HI Sebastan,

Internetwork Expert is good for R&S, but for Security "Khawar Butt's" WorkBooks are the best.

Regards,

Naveen

trevora Wed, 03/07/2007 - 10:38

Has anyone had a look at Khawar's lab book. I would be interested to hear some reviews as it sounds pretty good.

Cheers

Trevor

hackworth.kenny Sat, 03/03/2007 - 08:27

I would be interested as well. Took my written in May of 06, and looking to take the lab in August.

sebastan_bach Sun, 03/04/2007 - 06:06

hi naveen have u bought the new workbook by khawar butt and checked out how they are.

do u have ipexpert labs with u.

would u like to trade.

waiting for ur reply.

regards

sebastan

swmorris Sun, 03/04/2007 - 11:18

Trading workbooks is a violation of your license agreement when you purchased them...

Not to mention it is ironic (and amusing) how someone studying for an exam that purports to secure networks and look out for people who violate rules/policies/laws are willing to break them along the way.

;)

Scott

sebastan_bach Sun, 03/04/2007 - 06:07

hi kenny where are u located man and which workbooks are u preparing from.

waiting for ur reply.

regards

sebastan

hackworth.kenny Sun, 03/04/2007 - 14:09

In Texas, USA. Still doing self study at the moment. Not sure what lab guides to get yet due to the revamp in the exam.

sebastan_bach Mon, 03/05/2007 - 02:18

hi kenny so how are u preparing with a home lab or online rack.

i have bought internetwork expert . their labs are good but thy are not complete yet. their technology labs are th best and a lot they have given for practise.

i guess ipexpert is the only one right who has got their complete workbook out.

but their topology for the labs i mean the physical requirement of the racks is not realistic to the ccie labs,

like they have used 4 3560 switches in their labs. whereas in the ccie lab only 2 3550 switches are used.

ccie lab has 6 core routers , ipexpert uses 8 core routers.

so for doing their labs with a home rack we need to spend a lot of money on it.

internetwork on the other hand uses equippments just like used by ccie labs. 6 core routers with 2 3550 switches.

i also got review from people who have bought ipexpert saying there is very configuration and focus on the acs, ca and nac which is there in the lab.

just expressed my views.i got nothing against ipexpert.

regards

sebastan

sebastan_bach Mon, 03/05/2007 - 10:29

hi kenny to be frank. wait for some time till march end atleast cause then all the workbooks will be out.

ipexpert proctor guide as usual has mistakes in them

regards

sebastan

hackworth.kenny Mon, 03/05/2007 - 17:12

All,

Thanks for the replies. I plan on waiting until April to purchase lab books, see what's out there then and evaluate which one(s) I want to get. I've reviewed the ipexpert one, and reviews from some other CCIE's (R&S) state that it's mediocre.

As for my lab, fortunately, I work for a service provider who has a bunch of (spare) gear, and able to form up most of the devices already and we are ordering the rest. Helps a lot when your job really wants an IE in the office =).

Currently I'm working with PIX's (6.3 and 7.0) working through everything that is included in the ASA & PIX handbook as well as the old Cisco Press PIX CCSP book. About half done so far, will move into IDS's and CSACS next month.

Kenny

sebastan_bach Tue, 03/06/2007 - 00:41

hi kenny are u on msn or yahoo. we can chat there online and discuss a lot. i mean it will be good for sharing knowledge and discussing issues.

let me know.

waiting for ur reply

regards

sebastan

nhedhili Fri, 03/16/2007 - 09:41

hi how could I contact you me too I m working on

ccie security.

Actions

This Discussion