Views
Helpful
Replies

Corporate Directory Access betwen Inter Cluster Links

benterry1210
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We currently maintain 3 clusters of a Call Manager 4.2 installation (single publisher with 3 subscribers) which all have access to the local Corporate Directory, but we now have a requirement to view a Corporate Directory across an Inter Cluster Link (a separate division of the business to which we are only permitted read access to). By modifying the asp files relating to the corporate directory, it is possible to modify the menu to link to more than one corporate directory using MenuItems, however how would I go about authenticating against the Corporate Directory across the intercluster link? Has any one had any experience with this?

Many thanks

4 Replies 4

chris_harris
Level 1
Level 1

You can add a menu for all 3, but it is easier to use the "multipledirectory.asp" from the Cisco IP Phone SDK.

Hi,

Thanks for the pointer to the multidirectory.asp file. However, I seem to be running into the same problem regardless of which asp file I modify (xmldirectory.asp or multidirectory.asp). I've included two different URLs to point towards the two different Corporate Directories (i.e. http://server1/xmldirectoryinput.asp and http://server2/xmldirectoryinput.asp however I'm receiving "Server Application Error" on the phone when I try to initiate the search against the server2 Corporate Directory in the other cluster. After checking the Eventvwr on server2, it states Security Error against Username SQLSvc. I've made sure both the SQLSvc accounts have the same password, however I'm guessing its because these SQLSvc users are in different domains from one another. Is there any way to use another name to authenticate against or am I approaching this in the wrong way and pointing at the wrong file to initiate the search through?

Thanks

Ok,

So I've moved a little further forward with this now and have forced IIS to authenticate across to the external cluster using the correct credentials. However, now I receive XML Error[4]:Parse Error. I'm using the default asp files, but I'm guessing I'm not receiving all the information back I should be as the XML is generated.

To clear any confusion up, both Clusters (in their own separate unrelated domains) are using the inbuilt DC Directory Admin tool, rather than a Win2k3 schema modified AD Domain Controller.

If anyone has achieved this or knows how to easily implement multiple unrelated directories, please let me know.

Thanks

Are you getting this error on the new gen Java Phones or the old ones ?? If this is happening on the new generation phones (7906/7911,41,61,70,71), then I think you might have to work with the dev support as this is a common issue seen with them. For some reason they dont work with the asp files like the way the old phones do. Try it on a 7940/60 and see if that works or not