cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Operations Manager License Problem

NPT_2
Level 2
Level 2

I have upgraded from Cisco ITEM to Cisco Unified Operations Manager. The upgrade to version 1.1 of CUOM worked fine and took my license file without issue and all my 1000 phone licenses showed up as they should. However if I try to upgrade to 2.0, the installer just quits during the setup after validating my license. If I install as evaluation and then load my license file (or if I manually put my new license file in the etc\licenses directory) my license drops to only support 9 phones. TAC tells me the 9 phones should be added on to my 1000 phone license from 1.1 but they are not doing so and they say they cannot issue me a straight 1000 phone license since this was an upgrade even though the upgrade license does not seem to be working right. Has anyone run into this problem?

5 Replies 5

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

My problem actually turned out to be a bug that only shows 9 phone licenses rather than the actual 1000 phones licensed. The workaround was making sure I didn't have any of the eval licenses in my license directory and to ignore the listing of 9 phone licenses as the license really was for 1000 phones and worked as long as I made sure I purged the eval licenses.

I also upgrade from Cuom version1.1 to 2.0. We have 1st the version1.1 licensed for 5000 phones (also SM). After a while we upgrade to v2.0 without license (only trial). We purchase then the licenses (OM and SM) but the OM License shows also only 9 phones (see attachement). By start CUOM the system tell me, that we exceeded the amount of phone limit...

I didn't understand the OM and OM-Gold difference. Could someone cleary the output and find a solution for that?

Here the printscreen of licensing screen

Simply do what I had to do and delete the eval license files from your license directory and your 1000 licenses should start working. License manager will still show only 9 licenses (bug), but it will let you manage all 1000 devices and not give you the first error you are getting.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: