cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

calling number is different than original calling number

csco11063007
Level 1
Level 1

I have voice gateways with pri e1 connection.We are getting did service.

Voip dial-peer is pointing to a 3rt part sip server and it will go to callcenter.

When i dial from my mobile to this pri number ,it goes to sip then when sip server redirect this call to any other outside pstn number through pri its showing calling number as our pri number ,not my mob number (original calling number who dialed the pri)

is there any how we can solve this

thanks

Tom

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You cannot place calls to PSTN with an arbitrary CLID, it must be included into your DID range.

Otherwise, anyone would be able to present someone's else number when calling.

deepagup
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It can potentially be a SIP server issue- Basically the sip server is supposed to forward the original calling party number, redirecting number etc. So check if your SIP server supports that.

No, the SIP server may forward the original calling number perfectly, but as I mentioned above, it cannot be used for a new outgoing call to PSTN.

Thanks for your help.

As you said,my sip server is forwarding calling number .But when its going out from gateway its the number which pri line number.

How can i confirm your suggestion that its not possible to send the other number which is the original calling party number who dialed .

thanks for your time

Ask your telco and tell them that you want to originate calls with a number that is not the one assigned to the circuit. Please report the reply here!

I'd agree with paolo on this one. Most Telco, would send the DID assigned to ur trunk to PSTN users if the CLID you are sending is invalid. The best way to find it out would be to speak to ur telco and ask them if u can send any number of only the one assigned to ur trunk

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: