cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2811 Router

joaolopes69
Level 1
Level 1

I'm going to aquire MCS-7815-I2 (Voice IP central) with CallMgr 4.2, plus "2811 Voice Security Bundle,PVDM2-16,Adv IP Serv,64F/256D", "1-port ADSLoPOTS HWIC" and "1-Port 2nd Gen Multiflex Trunk Voice/WAN Int. Card - T1/E1". With this kind of equipment and since the 2811 is a router/firewall do i still need an extra firewall appliance like "ASA 5510 Security Plus Appliance with SW, HA, 5FE, 3DES/AES" ?

2 Replies 2

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

It depends on the kind of security you are looking for your network. 2800 has an IOS firewall with IOS IPS enbaled with the security bundle. This is fine for a small branch office requirement.IOS firewall has some limitations in terms of scalability and the number of features supported vis-a-vis ASA5510.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps1018/products_data_sheet09186a0080117962.html

HTH,Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

I Have a sbs2003 that i wan't to access via vpn (internet) to Remote Web Workplace (Webmail and remote desktop).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco