bridge-domain <bridge-domain id>

Neighbor <Remote-PE>

!

interface fastethernetx/y

bridge-domain < bridge-domain id>

or

interface fastethernetx/y

xconnect vfi <name>

What is the difference between the command bridge-domain o xconnect? When I must use one or the other?

Thanks in advance

Gianluca

3 Replies 3

n.nandrekar
Level 4
Level 4

hi! I am not entirely sure about it but this is my best shot...

X-connect would be used to establish a pseudo-wire (point-to-point) for an EPL service like EoMPLS. That will just connect the 2 UNI together to the VC created by the X-connect command. In this case ther would be no mac table maintained for the VSI in the router.

Bridge domain can be used so that you create a seperate bridge domain ( like a virtual bridge) and add ports to that and connect it to remote PE so that you create a VPLS connection. The PE will maintain a seperate mac table for the VSI.

So thats what I think - PWE3 v/s VPLS..

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks....

Thanks for your support..but i think that there is something not clear yet.

In the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps368/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801e5c06.html#wp1338115

you can find a VPLS configuration with xconnect...

So we need to investigate....

Gianluca

Hi,

i tried once that bridge-domain has been used in GSR12000 code (the one i know), the rest like in 7600 newer code (SX or SRA), you will find it as "xconnect vfi ".

hth,

/cg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: