Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Service-module question

Hi everybody,

I have an internet router, 2650 XM running 12.3. We have a d3 pipe to the internet, yet the serial interface is configured with:

service-module t1 timeslots 1-24.

I guess I was expecting that to have d2 in place of t1. What would be the correct configuration?

6 Replies 6

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Chris

Can you post the output of show run/show ver/show diag here ?

regds

Thanks spremkumar, but it appears that our circuit has NOT changed as I had thought. And had a little mistype there....meant that to be a ds3.

cheers

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

Hi ,

Service-module t1 timeslots is the correct command.

The following info may help you.

service-module t1 timeslots :

To define time slots that constitute a fractional T1/T1 (FT1/T1) channel, use the service-module t1 timeslots command in interface configuration mode. To resume the default setting (all FT1/T1 time slots transmit at 64 kbps), use the no form of this command.

service-module t1 timeslots {range | all} [speed {56 | 64}]

no service-module t1 timeslots {range | all}

Syntax Description

range :

The DS0 time slots that constitute the FT1/T1 channel. The range is from 1 to 24, where the first time slot is numbered 1 and the last time slot is numbered 24. Specify this field by using a series of subranges separated by commas.

all : Selects all FT1/T1 time slots.

speed :(Optional) Specifies the time slot speed.

56 :(Optional) 56 kbps.

64 :(Optional) 64 kbps. This is the default.

This command specifies which time slots are used in fractional T1 operation and determines the amount of bandwidth available to the router in each FT1/T1 channel.

The time-slot range must match the time slots assigned to the channel group. Your service provider defines the time slots that comprise a channel group.

To use the entire T1 line, enable the service-module t1 timeslots all command.

Thanks,

Satish

Satish,

I'll probably need to re-read this a time or two, but from what I've read, the correct way to configure our internet router when we DO bump up to a DS3 is:

service-module t1 timeslots 1-24

Correct? I guess I'm confused. I guess I'm seeing the 't1' statement as equivalent to configuring a speed of the circuit, when the speed of a DS3 is quite larger.

Chris

When you do bump up to DS3 you will almost certainly replace the current T1 card with a DS3 card. At that point the syntax will change. And I am pretty sure that you will no longer be specifying anything as T1. The exact syntax will depend on what kind of card you install. I did it a while back on a 3600 router and we start with

card type t3 and then

controller T3

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Great. Thanks, Rick.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco