Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Service-module question

Hi everybody,

I have an internet router, 2650 XM running 12.3. We have a d3 pipe to the internet, yet the serial interface is configured with:

service-module t1 timeslots 1-24.

I guess I was expecting that to have d2 in place of t1. What would be the correct configuration?

6 Replies 6

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Chris

Can you post the output of show run/show ver/show diag here ?

regds

Thanks spremkumar, but it appears that our circuit has NOT changed as I had thought. And had a little mistype there....meant that to be a ds3.

cheers

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

Hi ,

Service-module t1 timeslots is the correct command.

The following info may help you.

service-module t1 timeslots :

To define time slots that constitute a fractional T1/T1 (FT1/T1) channel, use the service-module t1 timeslots command in interface configuration mode. To resume the default setting (all FT1/T1 time slots transmit at 64 kbps), use the no form of this command.

service-module t1 timeslots {range | all} [speed {56 | 64}]

no service-module t1 timeslots {range | all}

Syntax Description

range :

The DS0 time slots that constitute the FT1/T1 channel. The range is from 1 to 24, where the first time slot is numbered 1 and the last time slot is numbered 24. Specify this field by using a series of subranges separated by commas.

all : Selects all FT1/T1 time slots.

speed :(Optional) Specifies the time slot speed.

56 :(Optional) 56 kbps.

64 :(Optional) 64 kbps. This is the default.

This command specifies which time slots are used in fractional T1 operation and determines the amount of bandwidth available to the router in each FT1/T1 channel.

The time-slot range must match the time slots assigned to the channel group. Your service provider defines the time slots that comprise a channel group.

To use the entire T1 line, enable the service-module t1 timeslots all command.

Thanks,

Satish

Satish,

I'll probably need to re-read this a time or two, but from what I've read, the correct way to configure our internet router when we DO bump up to a DS3 is:

service-module t1 timeslots 1-24

Correct? I guess I'm confused. I guess I'm seeing the 't1' statement as equivalent to configuring a speed of the circuit, when the speed of a DS3 is quite larger.

Chris

When you do bump up to DS3 you will almost certainly replace the current T1 card with a DS3 card. At that point the syntax will change. And I am pretty sure that you will no longer be specifying anything as T1. The exact syntax will depend on what kind of card you install. I did it a while back on a 3600 router and we start with

card type t3 and then

controller T3

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Great. Thanks, Rick.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card