cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks and it's Intended Function

aburgess35
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys, I have a general question about CW2k and it's practical usage. I currently have 420 Cisco network elements and a full VoIP infrastructure which includes about 3800 IP phones and IPCC Enterprise. I currently use CW2k to manage configs, config discrepency, inventory control and IOS versions.

I have put out a bid on a "true" NMS tool or software package which is Concord/CA. During this bid process I was told that to manage my environment including, trending, capacity planning, fault analysis and VoIP managment, all I would need is CW2k. I find this to be out of the scope of CW's function. Am I missing something?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated

2 Replies 2

richard.odom
Level 1
Level 1

Although a good product, I believe CiscoWorks should be considered an Element Manager that would report to a Network Manager. That is how I've always placed CiscoWorks. I've used Tivoli Netview or HP Openview NNM as the network manager and NetCool, Smarts or HP Operations as the Enterprise manager.

ayganesa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The answer depends on which product line of ciscoworks. The cisco unified operations manager (formerly known as ciscoworks ip telephony manager) manages your voip network. Yes, it manages IPCC, IP Phones, Unity, gateways, CCMs..

you can read this here - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps6535/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco