2811 ISR 4ESW Vlan intergration

Unanswered Question
Feb 26th, 2007

Hi, i have 2811 ISR where i am creating sub interface vlans on the routing ports. i have inserted an 4ESW module where i would like those sub interface vlans to terminate. Is there a way of getting getting data out of a subinterface vlan and foward it to a vlan created in the 4ESW module (without the use of irb bridging)?

Thanks

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
ahmednaas Mon, 02/26/2007 - 11:16

If I understood correctly:

- You have VLANs on L2 switches

- You are using the 2811 port(s) to route between them (router-on-a-stick).

- Now you have setup VLANs on the 4ESW and you want to route between these VLANs and the above without using irb.

If the above is correct, then I think you should be able to. I have never tried it and don't have the 4ESW module to try it in the lab. I tried a "thought experiment" but it didn't work :-)

glen.grant Mon, 02/26/2007 - 17:46

To use the switch modules you create the layer 2 vlans in the vlan datatbase , then you create a layer 3 SVI's to handle the layer 3 end of things like you would on any other l2/3 switch . You would not use subinterfaces if you are going to try and route on the switchports , don't believe addresses are allowed on the switchpoirt interfaces you must use SVI's then put the switchports into that vlan.

Actions

This Discussion