MaximBudyonny
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Configuration:

--------------

CCM 4.1(3)

Cisco 2851 as VoIP gateway.

Hunt pilot: 1234567 -> HuntList: HL1234567 -> LineGroup: LG1234567 with 1 member - IP phone num. 5004.

This IP phone is CallForwarded to the external PSTN number 7654321.

What I need to do.

-----------------

When somebody place call to the PSTN number 1234567 call must arrive to the phone 5004 (this part works )

But when phone 5004 is Callforwarded to another PSTN number - 7654321 incoming call must be rerouted to the external phone number 7654321.

Something likes phone call proxy.

"Forward Hunt No Answer" is not a solution, because CallForwarding must be initiated by the user of phone 5004.

I understand that this is quite bad solution. But I need to implement it.

4 Replies 4

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

AFAIK, this would not work. CM ignores CallFwd settings on a member of Line Group. I've not seen this work and I dont think it would.

Thank you for reply.

I also think that it wouldn't work. Because this solution is completely unsecured and allows bad boys to make phone calls free of charge :-)

But my colleague said that the same scheme have been used on his previous work!

I've even tried to add fake completely callforwarded phone to the CCM and add this phone to the line group LG1234567 corresponding to the used HuntList. But unsuccessfully.

May be it's possible to convert ingress call from PSTN to internal on a VoIP gateway via translation rules?

Personally, I find this limitation totally privy of sense and hard to believe there isn't a way to accomplish that on CCM. I've seen here already another user very frustrated by this.

On CME, there is no such limitation and you can viert/forward inside and out as you whish. Bad boy are kept out by other best practices configuration means.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Maxim,

The problem, as suggested by Mahesh, is the lack of Call Forward support for phones that are part of a Hunt List/Line Group.

Have a look at the following which describes how the Call Forward settings on individual Hunt member phones are ignored. I'm not exactly sure how to accomplish what you are looking for, but I thought this might steer you in a different direction. I think you will have to try working with a Multi line IP Phone concept which would allow the Call Forward to be used the way you require. I'm not sure what function you are getting with a 1 member group that couldn't be done differently?

The concept of hunting differs from that of call forwarding. Hunting allows Cisco CallManager to extend a call to one or more lists of numbers, where each such list can specify a hunting order that is chosen from a fixed set of algorithms. When a call extends to a hunt party from these lists and the party fails to answer or is busy, hunting resumes with the next hunt party. (The next hunt party varies depending on the current hunt algorithm.) Hunting thus ignores the Call Forward No Answer (CFNA) or Call Forward Busy (CFB) settings for the attempted party. This also applies to CFWD ALL settings.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edabe.html#wp107892

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: