Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding HASH keys from one WISM controller to all other controllers

ppellettiere
Level 1
Level 1

I have 4 controllers(2 WISMS) on one controller we have ~30 MAC/SSC/KEY HASH

the other 3 have ~half. How can I copy all the MAC/SSC/KEY HASH to the rest of the controllers. I don't have access to the station that converted the AP's. I would prefernot to have to add each individually.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, if you have an WCS you can use the AP Authorization Template, you can find it under Configure > Templates > Security > AP Authorization. Use the csv File generated by the Conversion Tool and import it to WCS. Then push the Template to the Controllers. Otherwise you can do it directly on the Controller, under Security > AP Authorization. Insert the AP MAC, Certififcate Type SSC and the RSA Key Hash. Regards, Michael

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi, if you have an WCS you can use the AP Authorization Template, you can find it under Configure > Templates > Security > AP Authorization. Use the csv File generated by the Conversion Tool and import it to WCS. Then push the Template to the Controllers. Otherwise you can do it directly on the Controller, under Security > AP Authorization. Insert the AP MAC, Certififcate Type SSC and the RSA Key Hash. Regards, Michael

I don't have access to the csv file.

I will have to input them manually.

Thank you under Security > AP Authorization. Insert the AP MAC, Certififcate Type SSC and the RSA Key works fine.

I have used the WCS for this, but if you have many SSC and only want certain SSC on certain controllers, then CLI is easier.

Do a "show auth-list" on the controller and capture to a text file. Then rearrange the SSC and MAC in the following CLI format "config auth-list add SSC MAC". Paste the resulting text into all controllers in the mobility group and you are done.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card