cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Unity Subject Field

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

I have a customer that has a custom app and having the timestamp for the message actually in the subject field is required.

I can't think of anyway to accomplish this.

3 Replies 3

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

In 4.2, I can change the following Subject Fields:

---------------------------------

%NAME% (sending subscriber's name or sending interview box's name)

%EXTENSION% (sending subscriber's primary extension or sending interview box's DTMF ID - if available)

%CALLERID% (Caller ID as obtained from the switch integration)

%CALLEDID% (Called ID as obtained from the switch integration)

----------------------------------

Basically, is there another %VARIABLE% that I can use that will put in the timestamp?

No, the replacement engine for the subject does not include the timestamp - that seems a little unusual given that the message iteself will have several time stamps (created, arrived, mofified) - so it didn't occur to the engineers adding that feature to add it for subject line replacement...

I agree, its a strange request considering the messages have all the timestamps you need in the header, etc.

Anyway, this is a third party app that looks at fax e-mails (they had I3 which had a customizable subject field) and it was written to only look at the subject field.

Obviously it sounds like I won't be able to do this on the unity side, so I will explore the exchange side and see if its possible.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: