cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Unity 3.1(6) to Unity 4.0(5) issue

master001
Level 2
Level 2

I am working on upgrading Unity 3.1(6) to Unity 4.0(5) w/ Exchange 2000.

During an install/upgrade of Cisco Unity, a window pop-up indicating AddUnityRealm.Exe is reporting an exception.

AddUnityRealm.exe (common language runtime Debugging Services) reporting an exception.

I checked cisco bug toolkit and found there is following workaround(Unity4.0.4 to 4.0.5)

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCsb57898%22%20\o%20%22

I followed the workaround, however script didn't run at all. And windows Tomcat service still

failed to register.

Anyone got any idea? I appreciate your reply.

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Probably be a good idea to open a TAC case on it. Sometimes, during initial 4.04 and 4.05 installs, items would stall and you would have to uninstall whatever was installed, and try again. In your case, you are halfway through an upgrade and not sure you can rollback. Did you try and reboot and try to run it again?

Well, I am testing upgrading at lab now. I reinstalled OS, service pack, exchange and Unity etc. So the system is clean for sure.

Is it doing with any service pack? I have installed Unity 4.0.5 post-install service updates.

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks.

So let's breakdown what has been down in the upgrade.

In your lab, you currently have Unity 3.1 running on a windows 2000 server with Exchange 2000?

Or, is it some other varation of Exchange windows OS?