Views
Helpful
Replies

PHP + Global Directory

AllSystemGo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

So I come back with a simple question, I hope. I want to know how to access the global directory on my server using PHP. Right now I'm able to access the Database on my Win2k server but I have no clue on what table to query to collect the information to create a online directory. Right now there is a directory.asp that's already created but that uses some specific DLL to query the DB and I can't get the queries he's making. Can anyone help me out on that subject.

Cheers

5 Replies 5

nathan.a.reeves
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, basic pointers...

User information for CCM is stored in an LDAP directory, not in the SQL Database. If you're non-AD integrated, you're using the Cisco supplied DCDSrvr. It's an LDAP directory, the only noteworthy item is that it's not on the standard LDAP port, it will be somethign like 8404 and 8405 for SSL.

The custom dll used for the standard phone directory does the ldap stuff and also formats the output strings with the xml tags required by the phone. I'm not sure if it's really extendable in terms of changing the query parameters, though I think I did manage at one point to get it to search by mobile number.

So the two parts you'll need to master here. First is getting the LDAP queries to work correctly. The second is the XML part and constructing your output from the php script to be correct for the phone browser.

There is a open source directory avail for the 79xx phones here: http://web.csma.biz/apps/xml_xmldir.php but it doesn't do any LDAP. All directory items are stored in an MySQL DB.

Thank you very much for those details. It's greatly appreciated. I still don't understand how to access that LDAP but I'm looking into it. If anyone ever made anything remotely close to what I'm trying to make just let me know so I can talk to you for more details.

Thank you again!!

Cheers

Everything is working now, thanks to your help nathan!!!!

Cheers

I realy would like to know how you have done it. Could you please provide some sample code or anyting helpfull?

Thanks in advance!

Mike: where exactly do you get stuck? Are you familiar with how an xml app works? If so, are you familiar with ldap, and ldap lookup out of PHP?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: