cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7960 - Don't want to answer calls on Shared Lines

johnnylingo
Level 5
Level 5

Have a 7960 setup with 2X 7914s, used by a receptionist. The lines on the 7914s are setup as shared lines to every employee in the department.

Problem is this - with the heavy call volume, sometimes the receptionist will go off hook to make an outbound call and end up accidentially answering an incoming call off one of the shared lines.

Is there any way to change this behavior? We're thinking of switching to Attendant Console, but I'm looking for a quick work-around.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Can you try setting 'Always Use Prime Line' parameter under Phone configuration?

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Can you try setting 'Always Use Prime Line' parameter under Phone configuration?

Just what I was looking for, thank you!

Servers -> Service Parameters -> Service: Cisco CallManager -> Clusterwide Parameters (Device - Phone)

Is there a way to set this by device instead of clusterwide?

I would be interested in a per device setting for this as well.

check each of the device settings and make sure they are in the same partition (on the actual line).

Yes, they are. It works when set clusterwide, but I need one department to be one way and another department to be another way. Is that possible?

Hi Evan,

Sorry to say this is a clusterwide parameter only :( This would be great to be able to set on a phone by phone basis (some day I'm sure)

Hope this helps!

Rob

That is what I thought. Thanks, I hope one day soon Cisco will add this!

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: