cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LAN

Arvind kumar
Level 1
Level 1

In my LAN I have 20-25 Switches+Hubs and 2 L3 Switches.Occasionally I get 8-9 Request Time Out at any time in my LAN network. This can happen any time. how should I troubleshoot this. some times when I ping the Router Ethernet interface I get about 200 ms latency. pls help.

7 Replies 7

Arvind kumar
Level 1
Level 1

how could I identify if there are broadcast storm in my network, how to identify and isolate that. is there any software available to help

If the LAN interface on router is displaying high value of broadcast, how could I identify which particular IP is source for that broadcast

You can snif a LAN interface of the switch the Router is connected to.

Make sure you sniff in the same VLAN eq broadcastdomain here. If you realy experience a high volume of broadcast from just One host (not likely), it should be visible this way.

pls explain how could i snif LAN interface of the switch the Router is connected to. Can I do it using some software. pls help

Download a sniffer program such as "ethereal"

davidfc_A
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

If your physical layer is ok, please verify the CPU of your switches and routers.

Routers with higher cpu utilization (above 95%) sometimes can drop or delay packets.

Tks

also make sure that stp is running on all the switches and unplug the hub for a while.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card