cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA 5.1 printing issue

madjack01
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with CsA and Print screen, If the workstation is in test mode print screen, alt print screen works fine. However when the same machine is in enforcement mode the user is unable to use this function. Even worse there are no logs generated. Has anyone seen this behaviour before and more to the point whats the cause.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mnlatif
Level 3
Level 3

Do you have a "Clipboard Access Control" Rule applied to the Users ?

If you have (whether its Allowing Or Denying the application) the Print-Screen functionality will be disabled.

See below for reference

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NOTE: If you are using the Clipboard rule to restrict applications from accessing data on the clipboard, the system Print Screen functionality is also automatically disabled.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

\\ Naman

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

chickman
Level 1
Level 1

More than likely what is happening is that a rule is being hit, but set to not log. You can apply "log deny actions and verbose logging" to a group by simply going to the group your host is in > select LOG OVERRIDES > LOG DENY ACTIONS. These option is found right under the polling information.

You can also do verbose logging, but that will provide you with a fair amount of data. Keep in mind that if you have a host in multiple groups that this will need to be done on each. I would suggest you try this one group at a time, eliminating a swarm of alerts going off possibly.

Hope this helps,

Christopher

Hi Christopher

Thank you for your reply, log deny is already actioned so I added verbose as well. This still didn't give any log output when trying to use the print screen or alt print screen options.

However I have managed to find out were this action was being stopped and have edited my rule module.

I am still concerned that I didn't get any logs, any more ideas

Hi

I have the same problem. Can you please tell me what rule I need to modify?

Thanks

I believe you need to disable clipboard access control

my id rule was 148

Hope this helps

mnlatif
Level 3
Level 3

Do you have a "Clipboard Access Control" Rule applied to the Users ?

If you have (whether its Allowing Or Denying the application) the Print-Screen functionality will be disabled.

See below for reference

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NOTE: If you are using the Clipboard rule to restrict applications from accessing data on the clipboard, the system Print Screen functionality is also automatically disabled.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

\\ Naman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card