cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fax problems

agustinmar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm new with IP Telephony and I would like to ask something on the matter. I have a voice gateway and I have some faxes. The gateway is configured with MGCP and the IP telephony network is working succesfully. I have a problem with faxes, some faxes work fine but other faxes don't work. I'm sending the voice gateway config. Please, could someone help me?

Thank you and sorry for my bad English.

2 Replies 2

bettear
Level 1
Level 1

We had a similar problem with faxes in our remote offices. We were using the G.729 codec for WAN considerations. We ended up making a new Location with a default codec of G.711 put the faxes in that device pool and everything worked fine.

Agustin,

I have always had more luck with Fax Pass-through then Fax Relay(others might think differently). I would personally try taking that approach if you are having issues. The simplified main difference is Fax Pass-through on a Gateway treats a call as a voice call end-to-end, irrelevant if it is fax or voice. This does have some restrictions, like requiring G711 codec. So if Bandwidth is vital then you might need to work through the Relay issues. Here is a doc link to the MGCP example. You should only need to add this command to your current configuration(h323 requires a handful more if you have those in your environment).

no ccm-manager fax protocol cisco

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123cgcr/vvfax_c/faxmodem/faxpt.htm#wp1162097

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: