Views
Helpful
Replies

Error:EAP-TLS or PEAP authentication failed during SSL handshake

akobwaycct
Level 1
Level 1

hi guys

am using cisco ACS SE to authenticate users on my wireless lan from the microsoft AD,my clients are using XP and so am using PEAP as my authentication protocol.

when i try to log on to the network from my laptop i get the following error from the ACS SE log.how do i solve this problem and what is causing it?.

EAP-TLS or PEAP authentication failed during SSL handshake

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vivek Santuka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please uncheck "Validate Server Certificate" on the client's peap settings

Or

Install the root certificate of the CA which signed ACS's certificate on the client.

Regards,

Vivek

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Vivek Santuka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please uncheck "Validate Server Certificate" on the client's peap settings

Or

Install the root certificate of the CA which signed ACS's certificate on the client.

Regards,

Vivek

Thanks man i am able to authenticate and connect to my wireless network when i use an account that is in my AD,but the ACS and the WLC are still reporting failed authention in the the failed attempts logs while the passed authentication log is empty...what is causing this?

Hi,

Can you please tell us what is the authen failure code ?

Regards,

Vivek

i managed to get the logs from the ACS passed authentications..the log wwas not enabled

guy.smith
Level 1
Level 1

We had a similar problem (in schools where any number of users might use a laptop so the user credentials were never cached).

We got round the problem by making sure that the EAP-TLS machine authentication box was ticked in the ACS External Database (Windows) config

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card