cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a Door Phone / Door Entry system compatible with CME?

ccpagel
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer is implementing CME but needs to support a door entry system. So you press a buzzer, this rings a phone or phones, you speak to the person and then press DTMF to open the door latch.

Is there a 3rd party product available which has been tested with CME?

Thanks,

Chris

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just about any 3rd party system that uses analog will work. You have to use an ATA device with CME. most of the systems simply plug into an analog connection

We've tried a Panasonic Door Entry system with the ATA (H.323) and it doesn't work. As the ATA doesn't support Pulse dialing and doesn't support supervisor disconnect.

We are going to test with a FXS port on a router but this isn't ideal.

Chris

Although this actual post is old, the question and topic is not. I think CyberData and Commend are the 2 best solutions for Cisco. CyberData for example carry direct certification. Commend offer a large range of Cisco IP Intercom Systems. Having installed them both, I think Cyberdata was a little easier. There was no need for an additional server. This saved us a little time. Although Cyberdata only offer audio intercoms. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: