cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH source error message

joelalli123
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone seen this error message before when adding a MOH source?

"The MOH audio Translation service reported errors while converting the source input file. This source will not work correctly. Please check the input source file and retry the translation procedure"

Then in the "MOH Audio source file status" field it says:

"error code: 8, unable to transcode file: Unable to connect MOH Encode filter to filter graph"

I am placing the new MOH source in the "dropMOHhere" foulder then after a few minutes I go to CCM admin-> MOH Sources and select that new audio source and I get that error.

Are there any restrictions on the type of file that you upload? It's just a 5MB wav file.

I've restarted the IP streaming Media service, restarted the MOH service and even restarted the server. Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Joe,

Have you checked the status of this service?

Cisco MOH Audio Translator Service

The Cisco MOH Audio Translator service converts audio source files into various codecs, so the MOH feature can use them. When you install the Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming Application service, Cisco CallManager automatically installs this service.

Hope this helps!

Rob

I forgot to mention that the Cisco MOH Audio Translator Service looks fine and restrating it didn't help.

justindunk
Level 1
Level 1

Are you copying the files or dragging and dropping the files into the dropMOHfiles here?

Been a while but I think you need to copy and paste the files there for it to work properly.

neesharm
Level 1
Level 1

I do not mean to suspect you ..however can you reverify if the file is .WAV(not some other format with a changed extension ..)

There are only 2 types of Files which are supported with Cisco call manager

that is .Mp3 and .Wav

MOH conversion is best if the original audio files are created using an 8-bit

and 8khz sampling format for usage with a g711ulaw codec

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: