no sound when using voice monitor

Unanswered Question
Feb 27th, 2007

Hello, We have an issue when trying to use voice monitor in the Supervisor desktop at one of our locations. For some reason no sound comes through. We checked that the postinstall.exe was ran at all Agent stations and the correct IP settings were seleted.

I have also checked in the PG Desktop Administrator under VoIP Monitor to make sure the stations were enabled for Desktop monitoring and were pointing to the correct/default Monitor server.

This also looks to be correct. I'm unable to find other possible causes for this. Our other locations can be voice monitored fine.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

We are using IPCC Enterprise 6.0(2)

Thanks.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
astinus Tue, 02/27/2007 - 14:36

I once had a similar problem, but with IPCC Express. I found that I had to set PC Voice VLAN access to enabled on the phones before I could get endpoint monitoring to work.

Hope this helps,

Jim

hujjat.fryback@... Wed, 02/28/2007 - 09:45

I thought of that also Jim and double checked, but "PC Voice VLAN Access" is Enabled on all the ACD phones for this group. We can monitor the phones and agents, but when clicking on voice monitoring for any device in this specific group no sound comes through.

david.macias Mon, 06/07/2010 - 17:22

Andres,

Is this happening on all PCs, just on one, did you perform all the checks the OP did?

david

david.macias Tue, 06/08/2010 - 09:47

Are these 5 PCs remote, are they in the same location, do they have a firewall, etc.  Now that you know that it's only these 5 PCs you will have to focus on what's different from the ones that do work.  The most common thing I've seen is that some PCs have some sort of firewall, like Blackice running which prevents this from working.

david

Henry Sali Sun, 07/17/2011 - 18:11

Has anyone found the solution?

In my case, I can hear the sound whenever I test login with supervisor & agent from team B by using the same PCs & phones. But not working with team A.

Actions

This Discussion