Track Script Menu Choice in Historical Reports

Unanswered Question
Feb 27th, 2007

I'm running IPCC Express Standard 4.0(5). Has anybody successfully set up a script that tracks menu options chosen for reporting in the Call Custom Variables report? I've seen the suggestion from the Historical Reports Admin Guide, but it does not appear to work correctly. It does not appear possible to name the Atrribute in the context tab of the set session info "_ccdrVar1," etc. Here is what the guide suggests:

You can create a custom report to show menu choices. To do so use the Set

Session Info step in a workflow to store in custom variables digits entered by

callers. The contents of such custom variables are stored in the customVariable fields in the CCDR. Use the information in the CCDR customVariable fields when you create custom reports.

Here is an example of how you could prepare a report to show information for a menu with three choices (1, 2, and 3):

1. For a workflow, define a variable of type session and name it this_session.

2. Place a Get Contact Info step at the beginning of the workflow.

3. Set the Session attribute to be variable this_session.

4. Define a Menu step that has 3 branches and place a Set Session Info step in

each branch.

5. In the General tab of the Set Session Info step, enter this_session for the

session.

6. In the branch for caller-choice 1, place an attribute in the Context tab for the first Custom Call Variable, _ccdrVar1. Assign a value of 1 to this attribute.

7. In the branch for caller-choice 2, place an attribute in the Context tab for the

first Custom Call Variable, _ccdrVar2. Assign a value of 2 to this attribute.

8. In the branch for caller-choice 3, place an attribute in the Context tab for the

first Custom Call Variable, _ccdrVar3. Assign a value of 3 to this attribute.

9. Create a custom report that will show the values of the customVariable1,

customVariable2, and customVariable3 fields in the CCDR.

If someone has a sample working script, I'd appreciate it.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
pdepalma Thu, 03/29/2007 - 07:40

Having the same problem. The instructions above are no good. There is no such thing as a "context variable" per the help section of the "set session info" step.

Ever solve this issue?

Actions

This Discussion