cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does 877W Support WPA2/AES?

microtek
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, can anyone tell me how to configure WPA2 /AES on 877W. Also how to enable IPS on the router. My ios is 12.4.11T1

Regards!

7 Replies 7

microtek
Level 1
Level 1

It helps to some extent. It addresses WPA and not WPA2.

How do I enable IPS?

Rgds!

Hi

To have IPS feature configured in your router you need to have IOS with Advanced IP Services feature..

you can refer the below link for configuring up the same..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804453cf.html

regds

clausonna
Level 3
Level 3

WPA2/AES is in 12.4.11(XJ), and is supposed to be in the next full T relase (12.4.12T ?)

We've tested it on an 871W and it looks good, but since its an XJ we're waiting for the official release before putting it on production routers.

I will look out for it.

Is it possible to squeeze flash in 877w? There is no squeeze command in the help menu?

Rgds!

I think squeeze was for older routers that used and older type (Class A?) of flash. The 870's use Class B or C type flash, and in my experience when you delete a file its gone, and the space is immediately recovered and available for use.

If you want to format the entire flash system use the 'erase flash' command. Curiously, the options for erase include the '/no-squeeze-reserve-space' option, so that the erase command -does not- reserve two WHOLE sectors (!) for squeeze logs and squeeze buffer. I think this is a leftover command in case you're running on older hardware. The 877's shouldn't need it.

Nish Vamadevan
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, it does support it. It depends on the IOS Version.

Have a look on the following URL

www.nish.com/2012/04/configure-wpa2-aes-ccmp-on-cisco-877w/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: