Helpful
Replies

Cisco bug CSCse46832 - need Cisco TAC engineer

kevintang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Any Cisco TAC engineer here?

I got this Cisco Bug CSCse46832. The work around is contact Cisco TAC engineer.

Kevin

4 Replies 4

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

I suggest you open a TAC case online or call into 800-553-2447.

This is a discussion forum and someone from cisco may answer here but it is best to open a TAC case/SR so your case can also be associated to the bug id.

CSCse46832 Bug Details

Headline

Extension Mobility LOGOUT Device Profile can be deleted when in use

Product ciscocm

Feature ciscocm

Severity 2

Status Resolved

First Found-in Version 5.0(2)

First Fixed-in Version 5.1(0.30), 5.1(0.9901.033), 5.1(1.1000.007), 5.1(1.2000.002)

Release Notes

Symptom:

Unable to log out of Extension Mobility after deleting the Logout Device Profile.

Error occurred while retrieving information from database. [379] No LOGOUT device profile

The Logout Device Profile should not be deleted.

Conditions:

This happens when a Device Profile being used as a Logout Profile is deleted. The user interface should prevent this action.

Workaround:

Contact TAC for manual workaround.

Further Information

ssh into server using admin account to identify all affected devices. Example:

admin:run sql select name,ikdevice_defaultprofile from device where ikdevice_defaultprofile not in (select pkid from device)

name ikdevice_defaultprofile

=============== ====================================

SEP0009B7DA0528 22d8ece3-3f62-4220-a1a8-d8e1fb1de6de

note the entire query from 'run..' through 'device)' needs to be contiguous with no carriage returns or linefeeds.

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Kev,

Im a TAC Engineer.

For: CSCse46832

Our workaround

1. Create a new Device Profile to replace the deleted profile. (Device - Device Settings - Device Profile)

1a. Note the PKID of the newly created device profile (in the URL of the CCMAdmin interface)

2. Find the PKID of the phone currently logged in.

3. Create a remote support account via Platform Administration.

4. Login to the Publisher using the remote support account.

5. Enter the command "su - informix'

6. Enter the command "dbaccess"

7. Using the Select Database menu select the current CCM database.

8. Using the query builder, enter the following SQL query string.

update device

set ikdevice_defaultprofile = ''

where pkid = ''

9. Use the menu to run the previous query. This should return "One Row Updated".

10. Proceed to logout the EM phone either through the web interface or through the phone interface.

As previous post suggested I would recommend you to open a case with us if you are not confortable doing this.

Hi,

I have logged a TAC case, The TAC engineer said he need the remote access, because he will uses the root access, and can not give the password to me.

Help!

I know it does not sound good, but you will have to give TAC access to the box. You can do it by using meetingplace, which is a new tool and works gr8.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: