cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on merging two separate companies network

adnansari
Level 1
Level 1

We are in the process of encompassing a small company X into company Y. Company X has a ISP managed router and a firewall plus 16 servers. Company X also connects to another location via site to site VPN connection. It has a single flat VLAN. We will be migrating company X network into Y. During the initial phase it will share the same physical premises but will be treated as a separate network. Two things that company X will need is access to the internet and an acess to a remote location from company's Y network. I am totaly new to this scenario and have not done something like this past. I am looking for any direction or links where there are case studies on merging two different companies network or any kind of resources will be apprecaited.

3 Replies 3

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

If you take leased line.. connect between both router.

Enable dynamic routing such as EIGRP... and enjoy

If you would create VPN.... you can. GRE over IPsec. So, it will give you routing as well as security.

Regards,

Dharmesh Purohit

shoebwk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would prefer devide both the company into two zone via DMZ and use static or dynamic routes for required services

jstabl
Level 1
Level 1

If I understand correctly you give company X internet access through company Y, then just one GRE tunnel would be setup between company X and Y. Then in company Y route company X traffic to internet and a route to remote location.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card