Views
Helpful
Replies

Need PBR help

i-chowdhury
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have 2 outgoing interface, one through serial interface (primary route) and another through VPN Tunnel. I am running ospf. In order to maximize the use of VPN Tunnel, I have seggregated some application going through VPN Tunnel using a route map statement. Now the problem is my outgoing traffic is taking the path of VPN but incoming traffic taking the path of serial interface. Is there any way I can influence the route map seggregated incoming traffic to take the take the same interface path using ospf?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

you would need a PBR for these subnets at the other end as these subnets will be advertised by OSPF over the primary route.

Configure a route-map policy on the other side and point it to the VPN

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

Hi! thanks for your quick reply. I forgot to mention that my both interfaces landed on different places (e.g. vpn landed on US, Serial landed on SG), do i need to create a route map for both of the end? what will happen to the outbound if one link fails? Does setting both ip next-hop will redirect the traffic during fallback?

Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card