Views
Helpful
Replies

VRRP between Cisco 878 and Cisco 876

hitesharora
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have two Cisco routers 878 and 836 with "flash:c870-advipservicesk9-mz.124-6.T2.bin" and "flash:c836-k9o3s8y6-mz.123-8.T9.bin"

My problem is If I configur Standby group 99 priority 110 or vrrp 1 priority 110 on Cisco 878 I lose the secondary Router for ever .....I have tried Pririty 200 for Primary no luck.I have tried pririty 80 for secondary keepping Primary Default as 100.but no luck .I took off all the access list and Crypto from VLAN 1 and eth0 of secondary.Still the same situation.PLEASE HELP

The configuration for the two routers is pasted below :

3 Replies 3

rajivrajan1
Level 3
Level 3

what do u mean by loosing standby router?

Is Vip up?

can u post any debugs after changing priority

?

By losing i mean the secondary router becomes unreachable.The telnet session through Putty becomes unresponsive.The VIP is not up .The two router keeps on negoitating with each other .The two routers are 878 and 836 and not 876 as mentioned in the message .Debug messages i will post shortly

gokula_chandran
Level 1
Level 1

Could you please check the physical ip of Ethernet0, it should be 192.168.12.3 right?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card