cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity SRST /vm-integration/pattern direct/message button

ajenks
Level 1
Level 1

I am configuring the vm-integration to provide some level of Unity service during SRST. However, I have an issue with the : "A user presses the message button on a phone (pattern direct command)" idea.

I understand that pressing the message button alone, the user is attempting to access their mailbox therefore a statement like "pattern direct 2 CGN *" may be correct.

However, what about when a user presses "CFdwAll" then "Message" in order to forward their phone to voicemail ? This would then make the pattern incorrect as in this instance, the caller ultimately needs to be forward to the mailbox greeting to leave a message. I dont believe this will happen. Worse still, the user is not prevented from "forwarding their phone to voicemail" in this way. I suspect from what I've seen that if they do this, the caller will either get a Unity PIN prompt or just a Unity main menu.

How do users actively forward their phones to voicemail during an SRST condition ? (or cant they, or do you have to rely on the CFNA option only). How do you stop users doing "CFwdAll" + "Messages" (as they do in normal operation) and thinking their calls are being forwarded to their mailbox correctly, when in fact, they wont be ?

Have I misunderstood ?

2 Replies 2

dconstantino
Level 4
Level 4

Let me see if I can help a little.

In the SRST configuration you should have the command

call-manager-fallback

secondary-dialtone 9

max-conferences 8

limit-dn 7940 2

limit-dn 7960 2

timeouts interdigit 5

ip source-address 172.X.X.X port 2000

max-ephones 96

max-dn 192 dual-line

voicemail 91704XXXXXXX

call-forward busy 91704XXXXXXX

call-forward noan 91704XXXXXXX timeout 20

time-zone 12

So what happens in this case in SRST mode if you press Cwfall and the messages key it should route out the PSTN to the voicemail pilot number.

Thanks for your reply.

I dont have RDNIS capability so I am having to use the vm-integration config as well.

If the CFwdAll + Messages key routes to the voicemail pilot number (and not the individuals mailbox greeting) that is wrong isn't it ? Someone who calls that phone would be connected to the Unity Main Menu and not the relevant mailbox ?

You may not have this problem if you are using RDNIS because that is taken care of for you (I believe), if you dont have RDNIS capability, you have to use DTMF tones to navigate the Unity menus using the patterns defined in vm-integration and this is where my problem lies.

Are you using RDNIS ?