Views
Helpful
Replies

2811 ios question

georgecisco01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am upgrading our 2610 router to 2811 and I finished moving manually all the configuration to the new 2811. I am noticing that some of command that I have type in where not visible after I type "sh run" like; ip subnet-zero,ip classless, no ip finger but CLI took them in when I executed those commands. Is this some kind of default in 2811(12.4(13r)T.?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is correct, the commands are still enabled, but are no longer parsed into the config.

Anthony

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

Basically you cannot use 2600 IOS into 2800.

Second, ip subnet-zero command default enable.

Regards,

Dharmesh

Hi,

2600 IOS was not being use for 2800. (2811)It has been upgraded to 12.4(13r)T.

Secondly, Should I assume that ip subnet-zero,ip classless are default enable as well?

Also, is there some kind of white paper that indicates all the default enable/disable commands for a certain version/model?

Thanks,

There is no such document. You have to check the release notes for changes from one release to another. Here is a collection :-)

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/search/search.pl?searchPhrase=ios+release+notes&nv=Search+All+cisco.com%23%23cisco.com&language=en&country=US&accessLevel=Guest&x=9&y=10

Those commands are no longer nvgen'd into the configuration. I know because I filed the bug to do it :) Here is the bug id:

CSCsa75635

Internally found moderate defect: Resolved (R)

ip classless and ip subnet-zero should not be nvgen in 12.4

This was resolved as of 12.4(5) and later. They were long time defaults and as such should not be nvgen'd into the config.

Hi,

This made sense now so If i have another router (3640) that need IOS upgrade to 12.4(13r)T all the ip classless and ip subnet-zero that are visible in "sh run" should disappear after successfully upgraded and reboot. Right?

Thanks a bunch.

That is correct, the commands are still enabled, but are no longer parsed into the config.

Anthony

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card