CCDP Arch Exam

Unanswered Question
Feb 28th, 2007

Hi,

I have already taken this exam and flunked twice, and by my experience this exam really requires lot of preparation esp. reading more stuff about IP Telephoney (read SRNDs), Storage NEtworking (Cisco Student Guide/ Self Prep.), Content Networking (Cisco Student Guide / Self Prep).

I'm going to attempt this exam for the 3rd time and I hope that I should be able to make it, however mean while if there is anyone who has already passed this exam, please help me prepare for this exam.

Kind Regards,

Wilson Samuel

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Danilo Dy Fri, 03/02/2007 - 05:44

I already have my CCDP. I flunk the old version of this exam which is CID using CiscoPress CID book, the CiscoPress CID book looks like an upgraded release of CCDA when I took CID exam - it's like teaching you to speak latin and send you to China to communicate with locals.I passed it the second time round which is the ARCH using this book http://www.amazon.com/CCDP-Self-Study-Designing-Network-Architectures/dp/1587051850/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-6999849-9377710?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1172842816&sr=1-1

Wilson Samuel Fri, 03/02/2007 - 06:02

Hi,

Thanks all of you for your valuable information.

Any idea about how good is the Cisco Arch Student Guide?

Kind Regards,

Wilson Samuel

tperrier Sat, 03/03/2007 - 00:49

It closely matches the book. I only had a quick look on it, I didn't read it cover to cover since I had already passed the exam when I saw it, but since it's based on the official ARCH course and has similar content as the CiscoPress book, that should be a good way to train.

Wilson Samuel Sun, 03/04/2007 - 06:18

Hi,

Thanks for you all for the suggestions, anyways before I take the third attempt I wanted to be very sure, so have made an order for a book on Amazon.

Secondly if I do recall correctly there were many instances / questions or should I say topics in the exam which were NOT mentioned in detail in the Student Guide.

I'm rating this thread with 4.0

malateshn Mon, 03/12/2007 - 17:13

Hi,

Cisco ARCH student guide is subset of Cisco press ARCH book! Also, student guide (v1.2) does not cover Storage and Content networking, strange! But you will get questions on storage and CDN. Best is to stick to Cisco press book and review the products on cisco site. Pay attention to testlets, they need more time to read and understand but you get to answer 3-4 questions in one go. It is stressful until you pass but you will get there. Goodluck.

devang_etcom Mon, 03/12/2007 - 20:51

hey any body can give me some good explanation for the Composit Modle as well as some document on how to usnderstad the client needs... documentation, consideration point in representation of documentation and all...

Design exam is like reading more and more...

regards

Devang

Wilson Samuel Thu, 04/19/2007 - 07:59

Hi Guys,

After 2 unsuccessful attempts, lord Cisco had mercy on me, and I got it cleared.

Boy, this was very tough, esp. the scenarios were very cryptic hence I made mistake in the first two attempts.

I read the CCDP Cisco Self Study Guide and Student Guide, and both are good ofcourse study guide is slightly better because gives you more insight.

Thanks everyone who adviced me for the CCDP Self Study book

Now, the next goald would be to go behind the CCIE RnS track.

So see you there.

Regards,

Wilson Samuel

Actions

This Discussion