cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Express 3.5 to 4.0 upgrade errors

pbaustin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, The migration from 3.5 to 4.0 went Ok until the last part - route points and CTI ports. The documentation informs me to delete these from CCM & then use CRS admin to re-create these. However, when doing this I get an error message "Unable to modify Callmanager". Any ideas ? I did raise a TAC case, but the engineer didn't have much of a clue & I had to revert to 3.5.

Thanks in Advance

Paul

3 Replies 3

Sandy Lee
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry I don't have the answer to your question, but I'm trying to upgrade from 3.5(3) to 4.0(5) like you did and I have a question.

The procedure says to re-image the server, I'm already at 2000.4.4sr3, do I really have to re-install the OS image from scratch? If I do that, all my data will be wiped out. Can I re-install only a SR or apply the latest one ?

Thanks!

Sandy.

I just upgraded our system from 3.5(3)SR1 to 4.0(5a) over the March 3 weekend.

It was an intense process. We ran into two problems. 1) Cisco gave us the wrong license file 2) We were at BARS 4.0(8) and we needed BARS 4.0(12). The pre-install check didn't catch these two things, and it took us several attempts before the upgrade succeeded. -Just an FYI

As for the re-image, I can guarantee you that it does want a complete re-image. You need your CallManager OS install disks, latest OS Updates, and SR's. I was surprised as well that it required a re-image, but it did.

Best of luck.

I guess that the CRS server knows at what point it is during the upgrade & so needs to be re-imaged. It doesn't take long to re-image & you have to make backups as well so you don't really lose too much.

p.s. I did it in a lab & it only took me 4 hours so not so bad.

Good Luck

Paul