cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE - Name not accounced when transfering from Corp.Dir.

mmertens
Level 1
Level 1

My customer has both her alternate and general greeting recorded for their CUE voice mail box greetings. However, when someone dials into the corporate directory and dials the persons extension, they hear "transfering to extension 1019" instead of "tranfering to Judi". Is there away to change this to the persons voice mail box's recorded name? I thought that was the default. The user has recorded both the standard and alternate greeting during enrollment. I'm running 2.1(3).

Thanks,

Mike.

1 Reply 1

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It could be changed in a custom script. Currently, when dialing by extension the extension is simply played back while dial-by-name will play the name.

For information about that, you can check out some of the custom scripts that were with CUE 2.2.1. The example described here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a008041d950.shtml

has an example in the download section of one of those releases.

The idea is to look at the dial-by-name section and grab the part where it gets the user's spoken name (and checks if it exists), then put that same snippet in the dial-by-extension section.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: