Converting IOS access point to lightweight access point

Unanswered Question
Feb 28th, 2007

Hi all,

This is saji here,I am facing an issue with converting autonamus access point to lightweight access point,I have tried the same through cisco upgrading tool v2.05.At the end of upgrading time its showing error 'Unable to Load the LWAPP Recovery Image on to the AP' and its not providing the CSV file.I am using the below IOS for the upgrading the same

'c1240-rcvk9w8-tar.123-11JX1.tar'.I have tried the same with diffrent network its showing the same error but I am able to reach controller,AP and commnication is fine,Pls check the attachment of JPEG file,I am expecting a good suggestion.

Regds

Saji k.s

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rob.huffman Wed, 02/28/2007 - 09:35

Hi Saji,

Maybe this info will help;

You see this error during the upgrade:

FAILED Unable to Load the LWAPP Recovery Image on to the AP

When you see this error, complete these steps:

Verify that your TFTP server is properly configured.

If you use the Upgrade Tool embedded TFTP server, a common culprit is personal firewall software, which blocks the incoming TFTP.

Check if you are using the correct image for the upgrade.

The upgrade to lightweight mode requires a special image and does not work with the normal upgrade images.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a008072d9a1.shtml#cause7

Release Notes for Cisco Aironet 1100, 1130, 1200, 1230, 1240, and 1300 Series Access Points for Cisco IOS Release 12.3(11)JX1

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/prod_release_note09186a00806e8971.html#wp59453

Hope this helps!

Rob

prakashj Wed, 02/28/2007 - 23:16

Hi rob,

Ther is a small doubt,I am using 3CDaemon,I am nt using this for upgarde process.Will it make probelm ? Manualy I am selecting image from the folder through cisco upgrade tool V2.05.

'if you use the Upgrade Tool embedded TFTP server, a common culprit is personal firewall software, which blocks the incoming TFTP'

I have alredy disable my PC firewall settings and I am able to reach controller,AP,Same from AP to PC,and controller.

I am using the same image

'c1200-rcvk9w8-tar.123-11JX1

Expecting ur reply

Regds

saji k.s

rob.huffman Thu, 03/01/2007 - 06:23

Hi Saji,

I'm not sure :( Go through the PDF I am attaching to make sure all the steps are covered. I did notice that you referred to a different filename in your first and second posts (be careful with that).

Hope this helps!

Rob

dbrennan_1 Thu, 03/01/2007 - 06:40

At this point I have converted a couple hundred 1231s to LWAPP. To avoid blowing up the radio and needing to convert back to IOS I've begun to reset the AP back to factory defaults (except for the IP) through the web interface. Seems when you have multiple SSIDs, TACACS config, ACLs, etc on the AP it's too much for the tool to try to convert.

rochoa8aeg Mon, 10/22/2007 - 10:33

Is it possible to also upgrade the 1100 series cisco ap's from autonomous to lwap without using the upgrade tool, if so what procedure do I follow?

Actions

This Discussion