cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS2.5 Device Selector errors

att0055rj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All... Whenever I try to select any devices in CiscoWorks, All the categories are empty. If I go through Common Services > Devices and Credentials > Device Management, I am able to view all of my devices.

I did a little digging and found this in the "deviceselector.log" file.

[ Wed Feb 28 11:03:16 CST 2007 ],ERROR,[Ajp13Processor[9009][6]],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.deviceselector.DeviceSelectorTreeGenerator,getGroupMembers,245,OGS error on evaluationcom.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.util.OGSException$ASAError: Application error: Error occurred in evaluating the sqlQuery java.lang.Exception: Error occurred in evaluating the sql Query java.sql.SQLException: JZ0C0: Connection is already closed.

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.server.GroupCache.evaluateGroup(GroupCache.java:448)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.server.GroupCache.evaluateShallowHierarchy(GroupCache.java:481)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.server.GroupCache.evaluate(GroupCache.java:556)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.server.GroupCacheImpl.evaluate(GroupCacheImpl.java:526)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.server.Group.evaluate(Group.java:443)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.server.GroupList.evaluateGroup(GroupList.java:1297)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.server.GroupList.evaluateGroup(GroupList.java:1229)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.server.OGSImpl.evaluateGroup(OGSImpl.java:500)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor9.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.common.CTMRequestProcessor.executeCall(CTMRequestProcessor.java:546)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.common.CTMRequestProcessor.handleRequest(CTMRequestProcessor.java:240)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.server.CTMServer.execute(CTMServer.java:397)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.server.TCPChannel.executeTask(TCPChannel.java:87)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.server.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java:71)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

[ Wed Feb 28 11:03:16 CST 2007 ],ERROR,[Ajp13Processor[9009][6]],"Exception in evaluation group root"

Any ideas what is causing this or how to fix it? LMS2.5 is running on a Solaris box, if that matters. Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You are really running LMS 2.5 out-of-the-box. There were so many bugs in the first release, I highly suggest you move to LMS 2.5.1 then to 2.6. Both updates are freely downloadable from Cisco.com at http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/cw2000/lan-planner.shtml .

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please provide a screenshot showing this problem. This error above doesn't really give a good root cause of why a device selector may be empty. It seems to be another symptom. It would be more helpful to enable RME DeviceSelector debugging under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Loglevel Settings, then reproduce the problem, and provide the full deviceselector.log.

Also, what are the specific versions of Common Services and RME, and is LMS integrated with ACS?

Thanks for the Reply. I have attached three files.

(Note: I've taken out server names and IPs of devices displayed in the screen shots.)

working.jpg = Screen Shot of being able to view RME devices

notworking.jpb = Screen Shot afte i recreated the problem.

deviceselector.log = the Debug output from the log.

Versions:

CM v4.0

DFM v2.0

IPM v2.6

RME v4.0

As fo the question about being integrated with ACS, I do not know the answer to that question. Sorry. Thanks in advance.

You are really running LMS 2.5 out-of-the-box. There were so many bugs in the first release, I highly suggest you move to LMS 2.5.1 then to 2.6. Both updates are freely downloadable from Cisco.com at http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/cw2000/lan-planner.shtml .

Thanks for the reply. I'm guessing what I'm running into is one of the bugs that was found in it?

I will persue the upgrade route. Thanks!

I can't find a specific bug as to why OGS (Object Grouping Service) is trying to make a database query on a closed connection. However, OGS has been updated from 1.2 to 1.4.2 and a lot of bugs have been fixed. While I cannot guarantee that an upgrade to LMS 2.6 will fix this for you, it will definitely be a required step if you have to talk to the TAC. We only maintain LMS 2.5.1 and 2.6 servers, so if we had to try and recreate this in our lab (and I cannot on LMS 2.6) we would need you to be running more recent code.