cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do I need to change the config if using different GBIC

chicagotech
Level 1
Level 1

We have one Cisco switch with 1000base-LX GBIC connecting to 3500 switch. Since the switch 3500 is located in a room without air condition and heating, we will replace it with 2955s that comes with 100 GBIC. By my understanding, we need to buy CIS-GLC-FE-100LX to replace the 1000base-LX GBIC for 3750 switch.

The below is the configuration for 1000base-LX GBIC. Do I need to make change on this configuration if I replace 1000base-LX GBIC with CIS-GLC-FE-100LX?

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/27

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

no ip address

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

bjw
Level 4
Level 4

ahmednaas
Level 4
Level 4

The config under the interface doesn't have to change but you'll probably lose the configuration because the interface will no longer be Ge1/0/27 but something else like fe1/0/27.

View solution in original post

No, You dont have to reset the switch. Just change the interface number and have rest of the commands under it. you should be fine.make sure you save the changes "wr mem".

-amit singh

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

bjw
Level 4
Level 4

No

Thank you.

ahmednaas
Level 4
Level 4

The config under the interface doesn't have to change but you'll probably lose the configuration because the interface will no longer be Ge1/0/27 but something else like fe1/0/27.

Yes, because it is GBIC. Do I need to reset the swicth?

No, You dont have to reset the switch. Just change the interface number and have rest of the commands under it. you should be fine.make sure you save the changes "wr mem".

-amit singh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card