cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WISM upgrade. What code should I go with?

d.beaver
Level 1
Level 1

I have four WISM's in two 6509 chassis running 3.2.171.6 and am going to do an upgrade on them in the next couple of days. I know there are several versions that are not the best at keeping the WISM's up, and I wanted to know what version some of you are running successfully. The issues I have with the current code is the enability to keep them running for more than 30 days at a time. Just about every thirty days one of the four will go down, even though the core says its still up.

Thanks for anything you can lend.

6 Replies 6

troberts.isu
Level 1
Level 1

I have ran into this issue only on 1 controller on 1 of my 5 Wism's. There are 4 listed bugs on this(CSCsh35306,CSCsh48977, CSCsh50527, CSCsh50966) All dealing with ARP issues that make the controller inaccessable from the IP network. The only access you have is VIA the service port from the 6500 session command.

Version 4.0.207.0 is the latest version that will be public very soon (maybe a week or so) & it addressed a problem I had with roaming between controllers with the client getting disassociated, and then receiving a new IP address upon re-associating to the new controller. You would need to open a TAC case to get the special access to get the version as of now, but I would suggest doing so. Also to let you know there will be a new version 4.1 comming around the May time frame that will be adding many new fetures. Contact me off line if you would like to discuss further.

Cisco has told me that 4.0.179.11 is considered the "stable release" of code.

I spoke with Tony who posted above and he told me that 4.0.207.0 was available from Cisco TAC if issues persist in 4.0.206.0. I am going to launch a call to TAC to see if I can get this and make it happen. He also stated that 4.1.0 is going to be available in about 2 more months and he is in the process of beta testing it for Cisco. I will be looking forward to getting that asap.

My final question involves something that TAC told me. I am running 12.2(8)SXF4 on the core 6509's and I was told by TAC that I should upgrade the cores to 12.2(8)SXF6 before installing the newer code on the WiSM's. I don't know if this is true and just wanted to see if anyone has moved to 4.0 code on the WiSM's making the controllers more reliable without upgrading the core code. This is something I don't have the option to do since these are mission critical 6509's and upgrading could effect other things on the network.

Thanks in advance.

Anyone running 4.0.217.0 on WISM?

I didn't know it was available. Where did you get it? Was it thru TAC or off of CCO?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card