Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS Upgradation

rsivaperumal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I want to upgrade my IOS to the latest version. I have all my device added to the cisco works inventory.

Can in push the IOS upgradation from the ciscoworks consle .If yes. Please let me know the steps that I has to follow.

Thanks

Siva

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Depends on what CiscoWorks bundle you have. CiscoWorks LMS offers the Resource Manager Essentials application which includes a feature called Software Image Management. This tool can be used to upgrade IOS.

Exactly how to do this depends on the version of RME you have. However, the general workflow is to first add your desired image into the SWIM image repository, then choose the devices you want to upgrade, schedule your job (select various job options like whether or not to add boot commands), then run the job.

I would add just one more thing if you indeed use RME:

Ensure that you populate the system prerequists along with your binary image so you don't turn your equipment into expensive bricks. Minimum RAM and FLASH versions, boot loaders, etc.

If the images are imported from Cisco.com, this is done automatically. If the images are imported from any other location, this would need to be done manually.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: