cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity COS

canowlin
Level 1
Level 1

I've created a COS in Unity that allows the HD to add subscribers. All works well w/ the exception they can also change thier own COS to default Admin. Does anyone know of a way to prevent that?

any help would be useful!!!

6 Replies 6

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I dont think you can make an exception to this. The Unity SA does not really have a good "tiered" access level for Moves adds changes based on Login. Unity 5.0 will have more tiered access level to achieve this from what i have heard. You might be able to get around this by using Voice Provisioning Tool (VPT) or it's replacement. You can create Templates that the HD can use that has all these built in.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Claude,

Like Tommer has so eloquently indicated (nice!) this is working as designed. Have a look at the reasoning behind this from Unity Design guru Jeff Lindborg (makes sense);

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddc781f/2#selected_message

Hope this helps!

Rob

Eloquently is quite a big word for this forum! ha

If anyone deserves that description it's you Tommer :) I'm still chuckling over the gouged out 7940 speaker in the ceiling (it's a beaut)

Take care,

Rob

Im a consultant.... I spread the wealth of knowledge I have seen in the field.... and that one was a gem. Should have taken a picture.

Still want to light a giant MWI bulb in a call center though....

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry for second post :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: