cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

emergency responder installation

rvincent
Level 1
Level 1

Will be implementing an emergency responder for a new customer. They are in one building on multiple floors. All 911 calls will go out to the same PSAP. Everyone will have a DID number.

Should the individula DID numbers be used for the ELIN's or would they still need to assign DID's to use as ELIN's for each ERL?

Seems like the individual's DID would provide call back details without needing special ELIN numbers but then ERL would be needed for each ELIN.

Am I understanding this correctly?

What would be recommendation for a one site / DID shop?

Thanks

Rob

8 Replies 8

Mike:

thanks. one more thing..

where is the floor information placed? looking at the ALI table, I don't see any place to add floor or room info. isn't that location info what needs to go to psap?

thanks

Rob

I think I understand what you're looking for.

Login as the ERL Administrator, go to the ERL menu, then ERL Details.

mike

i'm not up to the actual configuring yet. but looking at the admin guide ALI table, I don't see a field for floor or room. For example, if i create an ERL for 10th floor north and one for 10th floor south, where in the ERl/ALI is the fl or rm number put?

Rob

mike

that is what i'm looking at. the only place i see to add fl/rm info would be the location field - which is a free form field.

rob

the location field stinks.. you have to either manually add this into each device or, export the entire table, open in Excel, and update it that way.. then re-import back to CER.... and it's not exactly a smooth import/export.. not sure if this has been fixed by Cisco yet, but you had to use notepad and remove commas and add things to make it work.

My whole thing was to use CER for location services. If a phone moved, and my locations were tied to switch port, the DID just updated in the table. So I noted all the switchports to locations on each floor and had a heck of time updating the tables through excel and import/export. it was crazy. But it works smoothly now for the people who like to pick up phones and move them around the campus.. we can find them no problem.

does the location info, like floor and room go into the ALI and get exported to the psap, or is it put in the switch port details, if so, who gets the details when a 911 call is made? only the onsite security?

thanks

rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: