cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting IOS image via RME error

philiparnason
Level 1
Level 1

When I try to retrieve an image via ciscoworks RME, I get an MD5 checksum failure no matter what I do. Any suggestions? Log detail output below:

JOB ID - 1070 SUMMARY

----------------------------------------------------

Image Name : c3550-ipservicesk9-tar.122-35.SE.tar

Import status : Failed.

Total number of images to be imported to Software Repository : 1

Number of images imported : 0

Number of images failed : 1

Status of Job - FAILED.

Total time taken for Job - 13 Seconds

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start images downloading:

Image 1 of #1 :

Checking if image is present in the library...

c3550-ipservicesk9-tar.122-35.SE.tar is not present in the library.

Downloading c3550-ipservicesk9-tar.122-35.SE.tar from Cisco.com.

Start time: 28 Feb 2007 15:34:18

File downloaded successfully. Calculating MD5 checksum...

File downloaded successfully.MD5 checksum is failed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image(s) uploading completed.

Job completed. Sending email to

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We have been seeing some reports of this recently. The workaround is always to download the image manually, then import it into the SWIM repository.

Do you use a proxy server? Have you signed the crypto agreement on Cisco.com? Does your Cisco.com ID contain a capital letter? These are the things that can cause MD5 failures. If you have not signed the crypto agreement, once you download a crypto image manually, you will then be able to do it from within SWIM.

Where exactly do you find the "crypto agreement"

I'm also having this issue.

I am not using a proxy server.

My cisco.com ID has a Capital Letter.

This thread is very old, and may not be applicable to you. What version of RME are you using?

Sorry, to add confusion.

I'm actually using NCM, and getting a SWIM0155 error stating that I need to sign the crypto agreement.

This is the only thread I find that has "crypto agreement" listed.

Thanks for your help with this. I'm not able to get far enough along to complete the download and sign the crypto agreement.

My cisco.com account doesn't have the correct entitlement, and that seems to be the root of the problem.

Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: