translation routing

Unanswered Question
Feb 28th, 2007

Can anyone explain me in simple words about WHAT IS TRANSLATION ROUTING?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Dennis Fogler Thu, 03/01/2007 - 09:03

Translation routing is simply a way to send data about a call from one PBX ACD to another PBX ACD when transfering a call.

It was originally designed before VOIP became popular as a was to send CTI data from one ACD to another ACD across the data network while sending the Voice across the PSTN or a tie line.

The way it works is that when a translation route is invoked, the ICM generates a DNIS value from a range of pre defined DNIS values. So for instance 9000. The ICM then intructs the ACD to transfer the call across the PSTN and use DNIS value 9000. The ICM then tells then destination ACD, through a Peripheral Gateway that a call with a DNIS value of 9000 is going to arrive and when it does sync up the CTI data that I am sending across the data network and produce a screen pop.

In order to keep track of each call and each call's data, the next call that is transferred would then be given a DNIS value of 9001. This allows the ACD to indentify each call and its unique data.

The hard part is setting up the routing because the PSTN carrier needs to know how to route 10 different DNIS values for a single toll or toll free number. These DNIS values also have to be maintaing on each PBX or ACD.

Actions

This Discussion