Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 5.1 seats

msulieman
Level 1
Level 1

hi

when I order CCM 5.1 with 7815 MCS i have the option of ((HW/SW CallMgr 5.1 7825-I2 Appliance, 0 Seats)) of $7,000

then I have the following optional features:

License CallMgr 5.1 7815 Appliance, 500 seats

License CallMgr 5.1 7825 Appliance, 1,000 seats

etc

what are these seats for?

what is the difference between 0 seats and 500 seats , 1,000 seats, etc

thanks

6 Replies 6

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

AFAIK, this should be the unit license. Note that Licensing in 5.x has been changed. It now works more like Unity, where the system would check for license available. Check http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00806b036f.html#wp49438 for more info about how CM 5.x Licensing works

are u sure that these seats are for unit licenses, it seems not correct since I have the a seperate option for ordering unit licenses with part numbers look like:

LIC-CM-DL-10=

LIC-CM-DL-10=

LIC-CM-DL-100=

etc...

so please advise

Hello,

The part numbers you listed in your first post refers to old CCM 3.x, 4.x licensing where each server provides a license that is recommends the number of devices that may be homed on that server. 7825s could do up to 1000 devices, while 7835s could do 2500.

With CCM 5.x, the type of server platform does not matter any more. For each node in the cluster, Publisher, Subscriber1, Subscriber2.... you need to buy a node license. Also each phone is represented by Device License Units (DLUs). A 796X phone is equivalent to 4 DLUs. So if you want 100 796X phones to be added in the system, you need 400 DLUs.

HTH

Sankar

PS: Please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Stoyan Stoitsev
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

think you can find these CCM5 ordering guides quite helpful.

Regards

thanks very much sstoitsev u deserve 5

but Sankar when u said that (For each node in the cluster, Publisher, Subscriber1, Subscriber2.... you need to buy a node

license.)

I think i can get the node license through the order of CallManager SW with capacity up to x users. which looks like

LIC-CM5.1-7815=

License CallMgr 5.1 7815 Appliance, 500 seats

is this right?

Yes that part number need to be ordered for every node.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: