Views
Helpful
Replies

Clock on pix515e

marcocar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

j have a pix 515e Version 6.1, after a current interruption I cannot set the clock of the pix, the command j have used is :

clock set 21:0:0 apr 1 2000

clock set 21:00:00 apr 01 2000

clock set 21:0:0 1 apr 2000

clock set 21:00:00 01 apr 2000

the configuration is remained correct, but without the correct clock I do not acces to the web configuration

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

that's awkward.did u put in the commands in configuration mode .I guess u did n't.

you should be in the configuration mode to run these commands:

pix(config)#clock....

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

suschoud
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Set the PIX Firewall clock for use with the PIX Firewall Syslog Server and the Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) protocol. (Configuration mode.)

clock

clock set hh:mm:ss month day year

clock set hh:mm:ss day month year

show clock

hh:mm:ss

The current hour:minutes:seconds expressed in 24-hour time; for example, 20:54:00 for 8:54 pm. Zeros can be entered as a single digit; for example, 21:0:0.

month

The current month expressed as the first three characters of the month; for example, apr for April.

day

The current day of the month; for example, 1.

year

The current year expressed as four digits; for example, 2000.

You can interchange the settings for the day and the month; for example, clock set 21:0:0 1 apr 2000.

A time prior to January 1, 1998 or after December 31, 2097 will not be accepted (the maximum date that the clock command can work to).

While the PIX Firewall clock is year 2000 compliant, it does not adjust itself for daylight savings time changes; however, it does know about leap years.

The PIX Firewall clock setting is retained in memory when the power is off by a battery on the PIX Firewall unit's motherboard. Should this battery fail, contact Cisco TAC for a replacement PIX Firewall unit.

Thanks for the answer, but I had already used this command but pix do not accept and answers: 'Type help or ?? for to list of available commands'. I would want to know if there is something of alternative to this procedure

that's awkward.did u put in the commands in configuration mode .I guess u did n't.

you should be in the configuration mode to run these commands:

pix(config)#clock....

Great!! now works, excuse me for the

stupidity of the question but I did not succeed to resolve, many thanks

Marco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card