cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DST for CM 4.1(3)

adavis1
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone experienced any issues when upgrading from OS rev level 2000.2.7sr to 2000.4.4a? And from 2000.4.4a to 2000.4.4a(sr4). Also, what about ES 89.1 or 4.1.3sr4d? Just want to ensure that there are no know or practicle issues when actually applying all applicable patches. Thanks!

8 Replies 8

MikeTomasko
Level 4
Level 4

I've had no problem with the OS Upgrades, but I did have issues with the CCM Updates. I went from CCM 4.1(3)sr2b to CCM 4.1(3)sr4d. When I went to sr4d I couldn't reconfigure my 7970. It was a known bug and TAC gave me ES94 to install. The big issue/probelem I had was with my gateways. We have 4 PRIs setup as MGCP gateways on 6608 modules. The gateways were unregistering themselves for no known reason. I changed the load on the 6608 from load D00404000028 to D00404000021 and the problem seems to have gone away. The gateway unregistering error started with sr4d and continued with ES94.

Hey guys,

I haven't had any known issues with my customers on the OS, CCM updates or the DST patches outside of normal work. Though I'd like to point out, it isn't required to go from CCM 4.1(3)sr2b to sr4d just to apply the CCM 4.1(3) DST patch 1.0.1. Wanted to throw that out there to clear up any potential confusion.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Yeah, the OS updates are required, but not the CCM version updates like sr4d. And sometimes I kick myself for doing them! Newer isn't always better! And if it ain't broke...don't fix it!

Mike,

Do you have a PIX firewall in your configuration with MGCP fixup enabled? We are having the same issue and I'm about to follow your route but wanted to see if I could discount the PIX firewall as a possible culprit,

Thanks

Jed

We do have 2 PIX firewalls seperating our voice network from our data network. I don't have access to the configs on them though to tell you anything about them.

I'll be interested as to whether you have any further issues and also whether you have MGCP fixup enabled.

The downgrade to version xxxx21 hasn't fixed our issues and now I see bugtrap messages on the E1 card after the E1 restarts so the firmware combination with Call Manager is not really working.

jed

What was your version of CallManager prior to the upgrade? Did you check to make sure your gateways pulled the load 21? I couldn't reset mine in CM (apparently must be another bug) and I actually had to pull the 6608 from the chassis to reset the PRI and have it pull the load 21.

Mike,

To get the laod in you have to reset the card or port from the Cat switch CLI (reset x/y). You can rest port by port if you want, although i did find it a bit flakey and reset on one port led to a reset on the next port several times .. tricky on a live system !

A show version then confirms the status of the load. I did check this and was definitely running both the original D00404000028 and then the downgraded D00404000021. In both cases we had issues, although I suspect slightly different issues. Time will tell.

We have now moved to D00404000023 which is what we ran originally, based on 4.1(3) ES66. We have now found there is a bug in D00404000028 (CSCsh31698) which may well be the problem we have both experienced. This is an open bug so will need another firmware/CMgr release to fix it,

Jed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: