Views
Helpful
Replies

Easiest way to drop a call?

webmailmaster
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm using IPCC Express, and I'm trying to make an application that would be able to drop a call between a third-party and an agent. The only data about the call that are available to the app are the agent's ID and phone extension.

I'm thinking of getting the IP of the agent's phone, and then pushing it a request to press a softkey to end the call. Are there any easier/better ways of doing that? I would prefer not to use TAPI since I don't have much experience with using it. Could the task be accomplised by using some sort of an AXL query to the call manager?

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

And how would the call pass through your call center in the first place? If you have it go through CRS, dropping should be easy.

AXL is no good here. Consider AXL to be the equivalent of the ccmadmin webpages - it allows you to do what the webinterface allows (minus the em logout.. that's where the em webservice comes into play).

Yes, I guess it is assigned to the CSQ->agent by the CRS System. However, the tools provided with the IPCC Express do not seem to provide the ability to force end the calls. What would you suggest?

Thank you.

The terminate step for a contact ends a call.

Now it all comes down to what exactly you want to do. At this point I'm at a loss to explain why you want to disconnect a call that has made it to an agent.. the caller certainly won't appreciate being cut off.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: