Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 5 vs CCM 4

We are starting a trial lab with CCM5 and have experienced some difficultties. So I'd like to trace a parallel between these two versions (5 and 4.1) to see what is better. Solution will have CCM+Unity+3845+DSP farms at 6500+Ip hw and sw phones.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, at the next url you can see what's new with 5.1 version, so you can decide if you need it or not.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps6164/index.html

Regards

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well, it all comes down to whether you require the 5.X feautres such as SIP line cards, integration to Presence server or telepresence. Do you prefer Linux based appliance model. Other than these there is no other feature difference, but as you said 4.1 is mature and a lot more stable. You may also consider 4.2 and 4.3 which have added more features, such as device mobility, call forward on unregistered, hold revision, IPMA console on the phone, BLT, and some other phone features. 4.3 is running on Cisco windows 2003 server, as oppose to 2000.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris, Tks for your help,

At our trial we are experiencing some problems between CCM5 and the gateway (when gateway restarts CCM5 reconfigures it with default features (for US) that are not supported at Brazil, we are using MGCP). Cisco is already working at this problem but we are concerned abou time they are taking to fix and here we are talking about 4K IP extensions at the end of project.

So, do you have some experience with CCM5 or know about ant issue related to this version?

Rds,

Alex

icabrera
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, this year (probably May or June) Cisco is going to release Call Manager 6.0 and with this version you'll have all 5.1 and 4.2 features together. So if you're thinking about what version to use probably it'll be better to wait a couple of months for the 6.0

Regards.

Hope this helps, if so pls rate post

Hi Isabel,

Tks for you info,

And could you please tell me what is the reason for launchig so fast the new version? From what I know the CCM5 is brand new???

Rds,

Alex

Hi, as far I know the idea it's exactly what you need, to bring up all the features together so you don't have to decide what train you want depending on the features, you'll only have to choose the system: Windows or Linux.

CCM5 has been develop because the market is demanding more SIP support and it was started like a different train, but once the new version has been released and people have been started to use and know it, it's going to be better to have only one version with all the posibilities.

Regards

Well, the 6.0 will still only be Linux based appliance model, so if a customer opt out for MS OS 6.0 will not do the job.

Chris

Yes, it's not with 6.0, with this version we'll have all the features, the system election will be possible with 6.1 version.

Regards

Isabel and Chris,

What is your opinion about the moment of adopting this version (5 or 6)? Because as far as I know this versions take some time to stabilize. We really need SIP but don't wanna by a problem instead of a solution....

Alex

Hi, I would use 5 version, I agree with you that you need a solution and it's better to wait for 6 version to be stable. You can start to work with this version and if in a future you need more functionalities you can upgrade to 6 version.

Regards

Isabel

Isabel,

And do you know what is the main advatage of version 5.1 instead of 5.0?

Thks,

Alex

Hi, at the next url you can see what's new with 5.1 version, so you can decide if you need it or not.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps6164/index.html

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: