Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Dial by Name trouble

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have configuring dial-by-name in Unity. For the most part it works fine except that I am getting a false match for one particular user. Does anyone know why a false match happens in dial-by-name?

-Shikamaru

5 Replies 5

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

The most common reason for this would be if the user does not have a recorded name. Else the following box under the subscriber page is uncheck "List in phone directory"

No, the problem I am having is different. If I dial "4+2", I am matching on "Gary" (correct) and "Joe" (incorrect). Any ideas?

-Shikamaru

yes, that does not sound rt. Can u let me know ur Unity version for me to check if this is something broken or only a behaviour on ur system

Unity 4.2.1

-Shikamaru

I tried it on my 4.2.1 box and it works fine. When I did a search with 4+2+#, I only got Gary and not Joe.

Also, one more thing you might want to look at would he what is the last name of the users and at the same time what is the search option. If you could let me know the full name and how the directory handler is set to do a search, I should be able to confirm if this working fine or is broken.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: