I have over 200 3750's in my org running either IPBASEK9 or IPSERVICESK9 and I am tasked with upgrading them all to the save version and build. When I use the Software Advisor, it lists 3 or 4 versions for each type. Question:
1) Is the latest the best?
2) How come Software Advisor doesn't show all the latest versions available? (If I do a image search, I see much newer versions than Software Advisor shows)
3) Do the letters at the end of the version signify different features, or do they just increment as improvements are made? ie SEB4, SEC, SEC2, SEE, SEE2...
Thanks for any help and guidance you can provide.
1. As mentioned earlier, Cisco IOS is not like Microsoft SP that the lates minus 1 is the best :) as long as your device conform to the minimum DRAM and FLASH requirement I suggest you use the latest (GD) or (LD)
2. I think software advisor is providing you the minimum still downloadable image for the feature you are trying to use.
3. Here's the IOS guide the explains it http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1828/products_white_paper09186a008018305e.shtml